General Data Protection Regulation
What is the GDPR?
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is an important piece of legislation that is designed to strengthen and unify data protection laws for all individuals within the European Union. The regulation will become effective and enforceable on the 25th May 2018
At Iconosquare, protecting our user’s data is a core priority and we are doing everything we can to ensure we are GDPR compliant prior to May 25.
What are we doing at Iconosquare?
As part of our commitment to our users, we have developed an extensive roadmap outlining all of our actions that we will complete prior to May 25 to become GDPR compliant. We have a dedicated team in-house and are regularly consulting with our lawyers to ensure user data is protected to the best of our ability.
We have outlined our roadmap to becoming GDPR compliant below and will update this with where we’re at in each step as we move through the process.
What do you need to do as an Iconosquare user?
As a user, there are a few things you will need to do:
- Reconfirm that you are happy for us to contact you via email.
- Keep an eye on your inbox as we’ll be sending an email about this so you can update your email preferences via our new preferences center.
The GDPR changes won’t directly impact your interaction with Iconosquare so you’ll be able to continue to use it as normal.
- Research the areas of Iconosquare impacted by the GDPR - COMPLETE
- Appoint a Data Protection Officer -COMPLETE
- Develop a strategy and requirements for how to address the areas of our product impacted by GDPR - COMPLETE
- Perform the necessary changes/improvements to our product -COMPLETE
- Implement the required changes to our internal processes and procedures required to achieve and maintain compliance with GDPR - COMPLETE
- Thoroughly test all of our changes to verify and validate compliance with GDPR - COMPLETE