Articles in this section
- Help! The social profile I want to add is not listed
- Why can't I add my personal Instagram profile to Iconosquare?
- How can I try out the service for free? How long is the free trial?
- How can I create a new account?
- Why can't I start a free trial?
- Am I automatically charged at the end of the free trial?
- Can I add an additional Social Profile under my free ADVANCED trial?
- Can I add a Team Member under my free ADVANCED trial?
- Why does Iconosquare ask me to comment on my behalf?
- How can I cancel my trial?
- How to convert your Instagram account to an Instagram Business Profile
How to convert your Instagram account to an Instagram Business Profile
Use of Iconosquare is entirely restricted to Instagram Business Profiles. Therefore, if you have a personal Instagram profile that you'd like to convert to a Business Profile so that you can add it to Iconosquare, you can learn how to do that below! It doesn't cost anything, and it means you'll be able to access really useful insights for your Instagram profile!
If you have a Creator profile, you will be able to add it to Iconosquare, but you won't be able to schedule Instagram posts for automatic publishing. Learn more about this here.
In this article :
How to convert your Instagram to a Business profile
1.) Create A Facebook Business Page. Don’t have one? It’s free! You can follow Facebook’s instructions to set one up here. If you've already got a Facebook page and you're Admin or Editor of it, go straight to Step 2.
2.) Switch your account to a Business Profile in the Settings section of your Instagram app (Click the 3 horizontal lines at the top right of your profile —> Settings —> Account —> Switch to Professional account:
3.) You can then choose between Creator or Business - we recommend selecting "Business" here so that you can access automatic scheduling on Iconosquare.
4.) Click "Continue", select a category, then click "Next". If you get an error at this point, please refer to "Errors within the Instagram app" at the end of this article.
5.) Enter your contact information if desired, or click "Don't Use My Contact Info".
6.) Connect your Facebook Page by selecting one of the listed pages, or click "Create a new Facebook Page". If the page you want to connect to isn't listed, make sure you are listed as an Admin of that page (find out how to do this here).
Important: If you click "Don't Connect to Facebook Now", you won't be able to add your Instagram business profile to Iconosquare. We connect to your Instagram business profile via Facebook, therefore your Instagram profile must be linked to a Facebook page in order for us to be able to locate it.
Errors within the Instagram app
- If you're unable to select the correct page because Instagram is showing the error message below, this means that you're not an Admin of the Facebook page in Facebook Business Manager. In this case, please ask someone who is an Admin of the page in Business Manager to try step 6 above, ensuring they're logged into their own Facebook account on the mobile device which you're using. Or, you will need to be added as an Admin of the page in Business Manager, before trying to select the page again.
- If you encounter an error messaging saying "You've reached the limit for the number of businesses you can create at this time", please go into the Facebook mobile app and convert your Instagram profile to business from there instead: Menu → Pages → Click on your Page → Click on the Settings cog ⚙ → Click "Instagram" then click "Convert to Business Profile", see screenshot below). Keep clicking "Continue" until the process is finished.
Instagram app error:
Looking for more information?