Articles in this section
- Help! My automatic posts aren't being published automatically
- How can I automatically schedule a video?
- How can I schedule posts for multiple social profiles at the same time?
- I keep getting an automatic publishing error!
- Everything you need to know about validating your automatic posts through the app
- Can I tag a user or a location in my scheduled post?
- How can I disable the notifications asking me to validate my auto-post?
- How to schedule an automatic post
- Which media can I post directly to Instagram with automatic posting?
- How can I stop automatic posting to Instagram?
- I'm getting an error message while trying to schedule a media for auto-posting, what does this mean?
- How can I schedule a Facebook post?
- Scheduler Error Codes
I'm getting an error message while trying to schedule a media for auto-posting, what does this mean?
If your image meets all of the required criteria for auto-posting, and you're still seeing a pop-up error message (as below), then this article will help!
Note: To make things clearer, we've recently added more information to the scheduler error messaging. Please check this article to see the meaning behind the error message you're seeing.
The steps in this article refer specifically to the error message shown below:
Please note, in order to complete these steps, you must be an Admin of the Facebook page which your Instagram business profile is linked to, AND an Admin or Manager on the Iconosquare account. Unsure if you're an Admin? Find out how to check this here!
1. Firstly, if you are seeing the following message "Data access has expired" near the top right of the page on your Iconosquare account, this means your data access token has expired, which can prevent your auto-posts from publishing successfully. If this yellow warning message is showing, simply head to the Social profiles, click on the Data access tab, and click on "Refresh access".
If you're not seeing the "Data access has expired" warning message, please proceed with the steps below.
2. Sign into your Facebook profile
- Go to "Settings" https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools, click the box next to Iconosquare and select 'Remove':
- You will then need to confirm this - but do not click on the checkbox asking if you wish to "delete all posts, photos and videos", as shown below:
(Don't worry about the message that says 'This may delete your Iconosquare account and activity'. This is an automated message from Facebook that we are working to have changed - your account will NOT be deleted, and this process will NOT have any effect on your stats. This is simply to refresh the permissions we have for your account.)
3. Re-authorize Iconosquare's permissions
- Go to the Social Profiles section on Iconosquare, click on the Data access tab, and then click on "Refresh access":
- This will redirect you to Facebook - when prompted, you must accept ALL permissions, do not customize these!
- Once you've done that, you'll be redirected back to Iconosquare.
4. Open the Scheduler page, and click on "Unlock auto-posting" near the top right hand corner, and follow the prompts to accept this permission.
If you use Facebook scheduling on Iconosquare, you'll also need to go to the Scheduler page on your Facebook page on Iconosquare, and unlock the permissions there too (you should see the following pop-up):
5. Please click into all future scheduled posts individually, click "EDIT" and then "SCHEDULE" the media again, ensuring that the 'Post automatically to Instagram' checkbox is ticked (which it should be by default). You should then receive the below message for all of your posts.
Note: if you have post validation enabled in the app, you'll then need to validate these posts on your mobile phone.