Articles in this section
- Help! My automatic posts aren't being published automatically
- How can I automatically schedule a video?
- How can I schedule posts for multiple social profiles at the same time?
- I keep getting an automatic publishing error!
- Everything you need to know about validating your automatic posts through the app
- Can I tag a user or a location in my scheduled post?
- How can I disable the notifications asking me to validate my auto-post?
- How to schedule an automatic post
- Which media can I post directly to Instagram with automatic posting?
- How can I stop automatic posting to Instagram?
- I'm getting an error message while trying to schedule a media for auto-posting, what does this mean?
- How can I schedule a Facebook post?
I'm getting an error message while trying to schedule a media for auto-posting, what does this mean?
If your image meets all of the required criteria for auto-posting, and you're still seeing a pop-up error message (as below), then this article will help!
Please note, in order to complete these steps, you must be an Admin of the Facebook page which your Instagram business profile is linked to, AND an Admin or Manager on the Iconosquare account. Unsure if you're an Admin? Find out how to check this here!
1. Firstly, if you are seeing the following message "Data access has expired" near the top right of the page on your Iconosquare account, this means your data access token has expired, which can prevent your auto-posts from publishing successfully. If this yellow warning message is showing, simply head to the Social profiles page and click on "Refresh access" in order to fix this issue:
If you're not seeing the "Data access has expired" warning message, please proceed with the steps below.
2. Sign into your Facebook profile. Go to "Settings" https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools, click the box next to Iconosquare and select 'Remove':
3. Return to the Social Profiles section of your Iconosquare account. Click 'I have changed my Instagram password' under your social profile, confirm that you wish to remove the authorisation, and then click on "Re-authenticate profile". This will allow you to re-verify your Iconosquare permissions through Facebook.
4. Please go to the SCHEDULER page (Under Publishing) on any of your Instagram profiles, and on the right-hand side near the top of the page, please click "Unlock Auto-Publishing" (if you don't see this, then your auto-posting is already unlocked).
Note: If you have any Facebook pages added to your Iconosquare account, you will also need to head to the SCHEDULER page for one of those pages too, and click "Allow" on the pop-up shown below:
5. Please click into all future scheduled posts individually, click "EDIT" and then "SCHEDULE" the media again, ensuring that the 'Post automatically to Instagram' checkbox is ticked (which it should be by default). You should then receive the below message for all of your posts.
Note: if you have post validation enabled in the app, you'll then need to validate these posts on your mobile phone.