Articles in this section
- Help! My automatic posts aren't being published automatically
- I'm getting an error message while trying to schedule a media for auto-posting, what does this mean?
- I keep getting an automatic publishing error!
- Everything you need to know about validating your automatic posts through the app
- How can I disable the notifications asking me to validate my auto-post?
- Which media can I post directly to Instagram with automatic posting?
- How can I stop automatic posting to Instagram?
- Scheduler Error Codes
- Auto-posting security: everything you need to know about our post validation process
- How can I select a thumbnail for my video post?
- First Comment and Reply to Comment issues for Instagram
- How to create and use Saved Captions and Hashtag Lists
Which media can I post directly to Instagram with automatic posting?
We offer automatic posting for both single image media and videos!
In this article :
What criteria do I need to follow?
Single image media:
Maximum file size: 8MB
We support JPEG, PNG, BMP, and non-animated GIFs
Must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 aspect ratio range - NOTE: We now offer square, 4:5, 4:3 and 1.91:1 cropping options to our Scheduler to help get your image just right!
Minimum resolution: 150x150 (lower resolutions will be scaled up to the minimum)
Maximum resolution: 1920x1080 (higher resolutions will be scaled down to the maximum)
Container: MOV or MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), no edit lists, moov atom at the front of the file.
Audio codec: AAC, 48khz sample rate maximum, 1 or 2 channels (mono or stereo).
Video codec: HEVC or H264, progressive scan, closed GOP, 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.
Frame rate: 23-60 FPS.
Maximum columns (horizontal pixels): 1920
Minimum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 4 / 5
Maximum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 16 / 9
Bitrate: VBR, 5Mbps maximum
Duration: 60 seconds maximum, 3 seconds minimum
File size: 100MB maximum
Please note, Stories and Carousels are not currently available through automatic posting (this is an Instagram limitation, not an Iconosquare one).
What if I want to schedule a post that doesn't follow the criteria?
That's easy! You can still schedule media through our scheduler as you did before. We'll send you a notification when it's time to post. For push notification posts, our scheduler accepts photos up to 15MB and videos up to 150MB! Click here to watch our tutorial about notification posting!
What other limitations are currently in place for auto-posting?
Currently, the following formats/post attributes are not supported with automatic posting:
- Shopping tags
- Branded content tag
- Multi-image posts (Carousels)
- Tagging of private accounts
By enabling automatic posting access through Iconosquare, once you schedule a media, Iconosquare will push this media directly to your Instagram feed. If you change your mind about a post, you can archive or delete the post directly on the IG app. Or, you can also modify/edit/delete your scheduled posts, but only before the scheduled posting time.
Looking for more information?