Articles in this section
- How can I plan my Instagram feed using the Preview?
- How to schedule an automatic post for Instagram
- How can I schedule a Carousel for Instagram?
- How do I schedule a Story for Instagram?
- How can I automatically schedule a video to Instagram?
- How can I add a link when scheduling an Instagram Story?
- How can I schedule a first comment for my Instagram post?
- How can I schedule a photo/video on Instagram? (NON-automatic posting method)
- Can I schedule an animated GIF to Instagram and Facebook?
- Which plans can schedule Instagram Stories or Carousels (multi-post)?
- Can I include line breaks in my caption?
- Can I tag a user or a location in my scheduled post for Instagram?
- How can I stop automatic posting to Instagram?
- Which media can I post directly to Instagram with automatic posting?
- How can I use a placeholder to schedule my post without any media?
- How can I select a thumbnail for my video post?
- First Comment and Reply to Comment issues for Instagram
- How to create and use Saved Captions and Hashtag Lists
How can I schedule a photo/video on Instagram? (NON-automatic posting method)
Before you get started, check out this handy flowchart to make sure this is the right method for you. If you land on 'You'll receive a notification', you're in the right place!
Landed on the 'Your media will post automatically to Instagram' option? Click HERE!
Landed on "You'll receive a notification"? Follow the steps below!
- Download our mobile app (iOS or Android), and log in with your Iconosquare account. You will also need to accept to receive notifications from our app, in order to be notified at the time of the post.
- Create your post on Iconosquare's website
- Select "Scheduler" on the main menu (you'll find it under Publishing), then click on "New post" or directly on the calendar, at the time you wish to schedule your media
- You'll be asked to choose between a photo/video media, Carousel or Story. Click on 'Photo/video'!
- Upload or select the file you want to post from the Media Library
- Crop it if you need to
- Type your caption and add emojis from our emoji keyboard!
- Choose the date and time of your post, and click on Schedule. (you can also save your post as a draft and finish it later)
Once scheduled, your upcoming publications will be displayed on the calendar. You can easily edit or delete a publication by clicking on it.
3. Publish your post on Instagram:
- You'll receive a mobile notification at the time you scheduled your post. Open it
- Preview the post you scheduled and click "Post on Instagram", then click "Copy to Instagram" (to copy your caption, the text is already saved to your clipboard) as in the two screenshots below. You'll be redirected to Instagram:
- Ensure you're logged into the right Instagram account
- Add filters if needed
- Tap the caption area and hit "Paste".
- Click "Share". You're done!
Looking for more information?