Articles in this section
- Help! The social profile I want to add is not listed
- Help! I can't verify, re-authenticate OR find a social profile
- Help! I keep having to re-authenticate my social profiles
- Help! My automatic posts aren't being published automatically
- Manually updating your Facebook/IG connection
- How can I check if I am the Admin of a Facebook page?
- Troubleshoot: CSV column issues in Microsoft Excel (Windows & Mac)
- How do I re-authenticate my Facebook Page on my Iconosquare account?
- I cannot re-authenticate my Facebook Page, what should I do?
- Workaround for iOS manual posting error
- Reach and Impressions are not included in my report :(
- Why is my Instagram Feed Tab now blank?
- How can I uninstall the blank Instagram Feed Tab?
Help! I can't verify, re-authenticate OR find a social profile
**The steps in this article will take 7-10 minutes to complete.**
We’re aware of users having issues with the initial verification or re-authentication of their Instagram Business Profiles on our platform, or with not being able to find the social profile you believe you have Admin rights to. Please carefully follow the steps below in order to work through this issue.
LEVEL 1 TROUBLESHOOTING
IMPORTANT: If you are an Admin of your Facebook Business Manager, unfortunately this does not mean you are automatically an Admin of the Business Page connected to your Instagram Business Profile.
STEP 1: Please carefully follow the steps detailed in this article to check if you are an Admin of the Facebook page.
If these steps confirm that you are listed as an Admin, please proceed to Step 2.
STEP 2: Please open the Instagram App on your iOS on Android phone. Next, click "Edit Profile" on your profile page, and under "Business Information" the associated Facebook Business Page should be listed next to 'Page'. Tap here to see the list of Pages you manage and to ensure that the correct Facebook Business Page appears with a check-mark next to it. If the checkmark is on a different Page, please select the correct Page to fix the problem. If the check-mark is on the correct Page, tap it again. If there are no Pages listed (or the correct Page is not listed), then, unfortunately, Facebook believes that you do not have Admin access to this Business Page.
If you're unable to select the correct page (Instagram may show an error message stating that the page is owned by another business), please try the following:
STEP 3: Open the Instagram app on an iPhone (these steps prove to be successful on an iPhone but not on Android) and click on the 3 lines symbol at the top right of the screen:
STEP 4: Click on "Settings", then select "Account", and then "Linked accounts"
STEP 5: Check if there is a Facebook account linked here, and if so, click on it, and select "Unlink account". Go back to the "Profile" page, click "Edit" and under "Business Information", try to select the correct Facebook page again - hopefully, you will now be able to select the page without seeing an error message.
LEVEL 2 TROUBLESHOOTING
If you are definitely the Admin, then it's possible that you may have used Iconosquare before and still have some 'old' permissions enabled on your Facebook. Here's how to check, and remove them if necessary:
STEP 1. Remove Iconosquare's permissions from Facebook
- Click on this link to access your Facebook Business Integrations (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools)
- Search, or scroll to find ICONOSQUARE.
If you find Iconosquare, then follow Step 2. and 3. If Iconosquare isn't one of your Business Integrations, you can proceed to LEVEL 3 TROUBLESHOOTING.
- Select Iconosquare, then click "Remove".
- You will then need to confirm this - but do not click on the checkbox asking if you wish to "delete all posts, photos and videos", as shown below:
(Don't worry about the message that says 'This may delete your Iconosquare account and activity'. This is an automated message from Facebook that we are working to have changed - your account will NOT be deleted!)
STEP 2. Re-authorize Iconosquare's permissions
- Go to the Social Profiles section on Iconosquare and click the link under your profile 'Verify this Business Profile OR I've changed my Instagram/Facebook password'
- When prompted, you must accept ALL permissions- Do not customize these! (Don't worry, we'll only receive information from accounts linked to Iconosquare. Your data is safe!)
STEP 3. If you have multiple accounts on Iconosquare, you will need to repeat Step 2 for ALL accounts which are IG Business Profiles.
NOTE: This will NOT have any effect on your stats. This simply refreshes the permissions to attempt to fix the problem with linking your auto-publishing, or your IG insights.
LEVEL 3 TROUBLESHOOTING
If the above steps haven't worked for you, try this additional step recommended by Facebook's own developers.
STEP 1. Go to the Settings section of your Facebook Business Page and click 'Instagram' in the bottom left.
STEP 2. Scroll down, and you should see the option to "Disconnect". Click here, or if no Instagram business profile is listed here, proceed to Step 3.
STEP 3. Click 'Log in' and log into the Instagram Business Profile associated with this Facebook Business Page (they should be the same as the ones that are linked within your Instagram app).
STEP 4. Try to verify your Instagram Business Profile again on Iconosquare.
LEVEL 4 TROUBLESHOOTING
PLEASE NOTE: This step will cause you to lose any previously gathered Insights data on Instagram. However, if you already have an Iconosquare account, any data you have gathered will still be available here.
If the steps detailed in Levels 1-3 prove to be unsuccessful, we have discovered that the most effective solution is to convert your Instagram business profile back to a personal profile, and then re-convert back to a business profile again.
STEP 1: Open the Instagram app on your iOS on Android phone, click on the 3 lines symbol at the top right of the screen, and then select "Settings". Then, select "Account", and click on "Switch Back to Personal Account":
STEP 2: You can then re-convert back to a business profile by following the steps detailed in this article.
Please note, if you have recently been made an Admin of the social profile, you may not be able to find your social profile immediately - if not, please wait and try again 24 hours.
If you're unsure about anything mentioned in this article, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and provide as much information as you can as to where you’re getting stuck with the above steps.