Articles in this section
- What is the Social Media Calendar and how do I use it?
- How can I schedule a Facebook post?
- How can I schedule a Carousel?
- Which plans can schedule Stories or Carousels (multi-post)?
- What’s the Instagram Preview?
- Can I schedule a GIF?
- How do I schedule a Story?
- Why are the colors/quality different between the pictures I published with the Scheduler and my original files?
- Can I remove past media from the calendar?
- How are the suggested hashtags in the caption of my scheduled post chosen?
- How can I remove the pop-up on the Scheduler?
- How many posts can I schedule and how far in advance?
- How can I schedule a repost with the post scheduler?
- How can I schedule a photo/video on Instagram? (NON-automatic posting method)
- Why haven't I received my notification to post?
- What makes the yellow stars appear on the Scheduler?
- Will the black border on the Scheduler appear around my photos on Instagram?
- What photo and video formats does Iconosquare accept?
How can I schedule a Facebook post?
You may have heard the exciting news that it's now possible to schedule posts to your Facebook page directly from Iconosquare!
To schedule an automatic post, please follow these steps:
- Click on the 'Publishing' tab within the main menu and select 'Scheduler'.
- Click on 'New post' near the top right of your screen, or click on the space within the calendar where you'd like to post.
- Select the type of post you wish to schedule - you can choose from Status, Images (up to 10 at a time) or Video.
- If scheduling images or a video, upload or select media from your Media Library, and for videos, you can also select a thumbnail. You can then add your caption as normal, and for single-image posts and status posts, you can also add a geolocation!
- You can preview your post prior to scheduling by clicking the 'Preview' button near the bottom of your screen.
- If you have your the post validation security measure switched on, you'll need to validate your automatic post through the app to ensure it posts automatically.
- As long as your media fits all the specs*, your post will then be published automatically to Facebook!
Here's a GIF showing how the process works!
*Images must follow these specifications:
Maximum file size: 15Mb for images or 150Mb for videos
We support JPEG, PNG, BMP, and non-animated GIFs
Must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 aspect ratio range
Image size: 500px by 500px minimum. Recommended: 1080px by 1080px
Which plans include Facebook scheduling?
This feature is available on the STARTER, PRO, ADVANCED and AGENCY plans, and you must have a Facebook page in order to have access to it.
Can I schedule a Facebook post through the Android/iOS apps?
Currently, Facebook scheduling is available via the desktop site only.
Can I schedule a non-automatic post for Facebook?
No, all posts will be published to Facebook automatically.
NB: When scheduling posts one after the other please make sure that there is at least a 5 minute interval between posts. Otherwise the posts may post out of the order that you had envisaged.