If you're trying to add an Instagram business profile or Facebook page to your Iconosquare account, but it's not listed on the screen below, please carefully follow these steps in order to work through this issue.
1. You need to be an Admin of the Facebook page you're trying to add, or an Admin of the Facebook page which is linked to the Instagram business profile which you are trying to add. Not sure? Please check this article to confirm this!
2. Next, please check that the Facebook profile which is connected to your Iconosquare account is the profile through which you are Admin of the Facebook page/IG business profile, as mentioned above. You can check this on the Social profiles page where it says "Current Facebook profile connected" - if you're connected with the wrong Facebook profile, click "Switch profiles" to connect with the correct Facebook profile, then please try to add your social profile again.
3. If you're finding that the correct Facebook page is listed, but not the corresponding Instagram profile, this suggests that there could be an issue with the connection between the Facebook page and the Instagram business profile. Please check that your Facebook page is listed in the Instagram app (click on your profile, then "Edit Profile", then scroll down to "Business information" and if you click on "Page", the correct page should be listed here with a checkmark against it), as in the example below:
If the correct Facebook page is listed with a checkmark against it, as above, but you still can't add your Instagram profile to Iconosquare, please proceed with step 4.
Or, if you're unable to select the correct page (Instagram may show an error message stating that the page is owned by another business), please try the following:
- Open the Instagram app on an iPhone (these steps prove to be successful on an iPhone but not on Android) and click on the 3 lines symbol at the top right of the screen:
- Click on "Settings", then select "Account", and then "Linked accounts"
- Check if there is a Facebook account linked here, and if so, click on it, and select "Unlink account". Go back to the "Profile" page, click "Edit" and under "Business Information", try to select the correct Facebook page again - hopefully, you will now be able to select the page without seeing an error message.
4. - Click on this link to access your Facebook Business Integrations (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools)
- Search, or scroll to find ICONOSQUARE.
- Select Iconosquare, then click "Remove".
- You will then need to confirm this - but do not click on the checkbox asking if you wish to "delete all posts, photos and videos", as shown below:
(Don't worry about the message that says 'This may delete your Iconosquare account and activity'. This is an automated message from Facebook that we are working to have changed - your account will NOT be deleted!)
5. Please then try to add your social profile on Iconosquare again - this will require you to re-authorize Iconosquare permissions on Facebook -when prompted, you must accept ALL permissions - Do not customize these! (Don't worry, we'll only receive information from accounts linked to Iconosquare. Your data is safe!) Hopefully, the social profile you are looking for will now be listed!
6. If after completing the steps above, you're able to locate your Facebook page, but still not your Instagram business profile, we advise proceeding with the following step of converting your Instagram business profile back to a personal profile, and then re-converting back to a business profile again. PLEASE NOTE: This step will cause you to lose any previously gathered Insights data on Instagram. However, if you already have an Iconosquare account, any data you have gathered will still be available here.
- Open the Instagram app on your iOS on Android phone, click on the 3 lines symbol at the top right of the screen, and then select "Settings". Then, select "Account", and click on "Switch Back to Personal Account":
- You can then re-convert back to a business profile by following the steps detailed in this article.
Please note, if you have recently been made an Admin of the social profile, you may not be able to find your social profile immediately - if not, please wait and try again after 24 hours.
If you still can’t find the social profile you're looking for, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take a closer look into this for you.