If you're trying to add an Instagram business profile or Facebook page to your Iconosquare account, but it's not listed on the screen below, please carefully follow these steps in order to work through this issue.
1. You need to be an Admin of the Facebook page you're trying to add, or an Admin of the Facebook page which is linked to the Instagram business profile which you are trying to add. Not sure? Please check this article to confirm this!
2. If you have checked the above, and are certain that you are an Admin, please then please proceed to remove Iconosquare's permissions from Facebook:
- Click on this link to access your Facebook Business Integrations (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools)
- Search, or scroll to find ICONOSQUARE.
- Select Iconosquare, then click "Remove".
- You will then need to confirm this - but do not click on the checkbox asking if you wish to "delete all posts, photos and videos", as shown below:
(Don't worry about the message that says 'This may delete your Iconosquare account and activity'. This is an automated message from Facebook that we are working to have changed - your account will NOT be deleted!)
3. Please then try to add your social profile on Iconosquare again - this will require you to re-authorize Iconosquare permissions on Facebook -when prompted, you must accept ALL permissions - Do not customize these! (Don't worry, we'll only receive information from accounts linked to Iconosquare. Your data is safe!) Hopefully, the social profile you are looking for will now be listed!
4. Very important! After following the above steps, you will then need to:
- Go to the Social Profiles section on Iconosquare and click the link under your each profile "I've changed my Instagram/Facebook password", and then also click "Re-authenticate profile" for all Instagram business profiles.
5. If the above steps prove unsuccessful, we advise proceeding with the following step of converting your Instagram business profile back to a personal profile, and then re-convert back to a business profile again. PLEASE NOTE: This step will cause you to lose any previously gathered Insights data on Instagram. However, if you already have an Iconosquare account, any data you have gathered will still be available here.
- Open the Instagram app on your iOS on Android phone, click on the 3 lines symbol at the top right of the screen, and then select "Settings". Then, select "Account", and click on "Switch Back to Personal Account":
- You can then re-convert back to a business profile by following the steps detailed in this article.
Please note, if you have recently been made an Admin of the social profile, you may not be able to find your social profile immediately - if not, please wait and try again 24 hours.
If you still can’t find the social profile you're looking for, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we'll take a closer look into this for you.