If you're trying to add an Instagram business profile or Facebook page to your Iconosquare account, but it's not listed, you may find the steps in the video below helpful!
If you're trying to add a Twitter profile, please refer to this article.
- Your Instagram business profile must be linked to a Facebook page if you want to add the Instagram profile to your Iconosquare account - this is a Facebook requirement.
- You must be an Admin or Editor of that linked Facebook page in order to add the Instagram business profile to Iconosquare - this is also a Facebook requirement.
1: Please carefully follow the steps detailed in this article to check if you are an Admin or Editor of the Facebook page (and therefore have access to the linked Instagram business profile)
If these steps confirm that you are listed as an Admin or Editor, please proceed to Step 2.
2: Next, please check that the Facebook profile which is connected to your Iconosquare account is the profile through which you are Admin/Editor of the Facebook page/connected IG business profile, as mentioned above. You can check this on the Social profiles page under the Data access tab. Check where it says "Current Facebook profile connected" (eg. the connected profile is Cordelia Teague in the example below). If you're connected with the wrong Facebook profile, click "Logout" to connect with the correct Facebook profile, then please try to add your social profile again.
Please note: by "Facebook profile", we're referring to your personal profile, not your Page.
3. If you're finding that the correct Facebook page is listed when trying to add a social profile to Iconosquare, but not the corresponding Instagram profile, there is probably an issue with the connection between the Facebook page and the Instagram business profile. Please follow the steps below to check this:
- Open the Instagram App on your phone
- Click on your profile page then "Edit Profile"
- Under "Business Information", the associated Facebook Page should be listed next to "Page".
- Tap on the name of the page - here, you should see the list of Facebook Pages you manage.
- Check that the correct Facebook Business Page appears with a check-mark next to it.
- If the checkmark is on a different Facebook Page, select the correct Page, head back to Iconosquare, see if you're able to add this IG profile to your Iconosquare account.
- If the check-mark is on the correct Facebook Page, tap it again, then see if you are able to add the IG profile to Iconosquare.
- If there are no Pages listed (or the correct Page is not listed), then it's possible that the Facebook page is "Unpublished" - you can check this under the Facebook page settings, under "General" --> "Page Visibility" - be sure that this says "Page published". Please then return to the Instagram app, and see if the correct page is then listed. If it is, select it, come back to Iconosquare, and try to add your IG profile again.
If the correct Facebook page is listed with a checkmark against it, as above, but you still can't add your Instagram profile to Iconosquare, please proceed with step 4.
Or, if you can't select the correct page because of the error message below, this means that you're not an Admin of the Facebook page in Facebook Business Manager:
In this case, please ask someone who is an Admin of the page in Business Manager to try Step 3 above, ensuring they're logged into their own Facebook account on the mobile device which you're using. Or, you will need to be added as an Admin of the page in Business Manager, and you can then try Step 3 again.
If you're then able to select the page, great! Go ahead and try to add your IG profile to Iconosquare again, if not please continue with step 4 below.
4. This next step involves removing Iconosquare from your Facebook Business Integrations:
- Click on this link to access your Facebook Business Integrations (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools)
- Search, or scroll to find ICONOSQUARE.
Old Facebook design:
- Select Iconosquare, then click "Remove".
- You will then need to confirm this - but do not click on the checkbox asking if you wish to "delete all posts, photos and videos", as shown below:
Old Facebook design:
(Don't worry about the message that says 'This may delete your Iconosquare account and activity'. This is an automated message from Facebook, your account will NOT be deleted, and this process will NOT have any effect on your stats. This is simply to refresh the permissions we have for your account.)
- Once you've done that, please come back to Iconosquare, head to the Data access tab, and then click on "Refresh access":
- This will redirect you to Facebook -please do not customize the permissions. (OR, if you’re seeing the new Facebook permissions, please select ALL the Instagram accounts/businesses/Facebook Pages you’d like to monitor).
- You'll be redirected back to Iconosquare - please try to add your social profile again. If it's now listed, great! If not, please continue with the steps below.
5. This next step ensures that the correct Instagram business profile is connected from within your Facebook page settings:
- Please go to the Settings section of your Facebook Page and click 'Instagram' near the bottom of the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down, and you should see the option to "Disconnect". Click here, or if no Instagram business profile is listed here, proceed to the step below.
- Click 'Log in' and log into the Instagram Business Profile associated with this Facebook Page (they should be the same as the ones that are linked within your Instagram app).
- Try to add your Instagram Business Profile again on Iconosquare.
New Facebook design:
6. If after completing the steps above, you're able to locate your Facebook page, but still not your Instagram business profile, we advise proceeding with the following step of converting your Instagram business profile back to a personal profile, and then re-converting back to a business profile again.
PLEASE NOTE: This step will cause you to lose any previously gathered Insights data on Instagram. However, if you already have an Iconosquare account, any data you have gathered will still be available here.
- Open the Instagram app on your iOS on Android phone
- Click on your profile page
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines at the top right of the screen
- Select "Settings", then, select "Account", and click on "Switch Back to Personal Account":
- You can then re-convert back to a business profile by following the steps detailed in this article. Please then try to add your Instagram business profile on Iconosquare again.
Please note, if you have recently been made an Admin of the social profile, you may not be able to find your social profile immediately - if not, please wait and try again after 24 hours.
If you still can’t find the social profile you're looking for, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take a closer look into this for you.