Articles in this section
- I want to add my Instagram business profile to Iconosquare - why am I being asked to log into Facebook?
- Why can't I add my personal Instagram profile to Iconosquare?
- How can I add a social profile to my account?
- How can I remove a social profile?
- I've changed the password on my Instagram account, what should I do?
- How can I swap my legacy plan to a different handle, or swap my plan to a different account?
- My Instagram account has been hacked or suspended, what can I do?
- I subscribed on the former version of Iconosquare. Will my Instagram data history be available on the new version?
- How to unsubscribe from emails
- How can I cancel my subscription?
- How can I delete my Iconosquare account?
- What is the "Current Facebook profile connected" information?
I want to add my Instagram business profile to Iconosquare - why am I being asked to log into Facebook?
In this article :
If you're trying to add an Instagram business profile to your Iconosquare account, you may be wondering why you're then directed to a Facebook login screen:
We recently moved to a Single Sign On process, which means we now connect to all of your social profiles (Instagram business profile or Facebook page) via Facebook.
How does the Single Sign-On process work?
Every Instagram Business profile must be connected to a Facebook page - this is the Facebook page which you selected when you converted to an Instagram business profile (or, Facebook can create a page for you during the conversion process, providing you with the option of "claiming" the page at a later date).
You must be an Admin of this Facebook page via your personal Facebook profile (eg. Cordelia Teague) in order to be able to add the Instagram profile to your Iconosquare account, as the permissions for the Instagram business profile lie within the Facebook page.
Here's an example of this!
- I want to add the Instagram profile @cocoteague to Iconosquare
- This Instagram is connected to the Facebook page Cordelia
- My Facebook profile Cordelia Teague is listed as an Admin of this Facebook page:
- Therefore, after entering my login credentials (for my personal Facebook profile) on the Facebook login screen on Iconosquare, I will see both the Facebook pageCordelia listed, as well as the Instagram business profile @cocoteague:
I'm seeing my Facebook page listed, but not the Instagram profile which is linked to that page
If you're only seeing the Facebook page listed here, this suggests that there could be an issue with the connection between the Facebook page and the Instagram business profile. Please check that your Facebook page is listed in the Instagram app (click on your profile, then "Edit Profile", then scroll down to "Business information" and if you click on "Page", the correct page should be listed here with a check mark against it:
If the correct Facebook page is listed with a check mark against it, as above, but you still can't add your Instagram profile to Iconosquare, please follow the steps in this article for more advanced troubleshooting.