Articles in this section
- Changes to the Conversations feature as of August 9th 2019
- How do I use the Random Comment Picker Tool for contests?
- How can I manage my comments within the Media Viewer?
- How can I export my comments?
- How many media can I track with the Conversations feature?
- What's changing in the Conversations feature?
- Why does my Media Viewer look different?
How do I use the Random Comment Picker Tool for contests?
If you're on the PRO, ADVANCED or AGENCY plan (or trial), you may have noticed a new icon located under the Comments view within the Media Viewer:
This is our brand new Random Comment Picker Tool, which selects comments from your media on a random basis, based on the criteria which you set - perfect if you're running a contest! This is available for both Instagram and Facebook.
So, how does it work?
- Open your post in the Media Viewer, and click on the trophy icon, as shown in the screenshot above
- This will then open up the tool, where you can enter your criteria:
- Select whether or not you want a set deadline (only users who comment prior to the deadline will be included)
- Select whether you want unique comments only (this will cause multiple entries to be discarded)
- Choose the number of winners (up to 5)
- Decide whether a hashtag needs to be included in the comment - if so, simply type the hashtag and hit Enter to save the hashtag
- Select the number of mentions required in the comment (if required). For example, the comment must include 2 @ mentions.
- Once you've set the criteria for your contest, click "Start".
- If your post has less than 1000 comments, the winning comment/comments will then be displayed at the top of your comments within the media viewer:
- For posts with more than 1000 comments, the names of the winners will be sent to you via email, rather than being displayed within the media viewer.