Articles in this section
- Can I see analytics for my Instagram promoted posts on Iconosquare?
- How can I access analytics for my Tags and Mentions?
- What's included in the Industry Benchmark feature for Instagram?
- How can I create a Custom Dashboard?
- Can I export my Custom Dashboard?
- The Hashtag Performance chart is gone - what now?
- How can I export my most engaging, most liked, most saved media?
- Why is my video or Story with music not showing up in Iconosquare?
- Where can I find my most liked, most commented & most engaging media?
- How often are my analytics refreshed?
- Learn more: Historical and Estimated data
- How are daily likes and comments calculated?
- Why does the number of likes on the Media Viewer sometimes appear in blue?
- Why can't I like or comment on posts anymore?
- Can I download post-by-post analytics?
- How is Engagement Rate calculated?
- The engagement rate is very high for some of my media. Why?
- What is the difference between Engagement Rate and Engagement on Reach?
- What does the "Previous Period" mean?
- Does Iconosquare support paid post analytics?
- Some analytics are still not available, even several hours after my registration. Why?
- Some numbers are rounded (for example: 50k instead of 50,365). How I can get the precise number?
- Why do my deleted posts keep appearing in my profile?
- What is the Best Time To Post feature?
- How can I zoom in on a chart?
- Why can I no longer see my Gained and Lost Followers?
- Can I use Iconosquare for my Instagram Creator Account?
- Why has my number of followers dropped/likes decreased on old posts?
- My Iconosquare account has been logged out from Instagram. What does it mean?
- What's changed in the My tags/mentions feed?
- How to check if I'm an Admin of the Facebook Business Manager account which manages my Instagram promoted posts?
- Can I see video views for a Carousel post which includes a video?
- What are the "Previous period" and "Same period last year" options in the date picker?
What are the "Previous period" and "Same period last year" options in the date picker?
When selecting your date range using the date picker, you will now have the option of selecting either "Previous period (default)" or "Same period last year" which will affect the data comparisons which are available on certain metrics.
What does "Previous period" refer to?
The "Previous period (default)" which we refer to will depend on the date range which you have selected on the date picker.
Example 1: If it's currently April, if you select the period "Previous Month" from the date-picker to denote March, this refers to March 1st - March 31st. In this case, the previous period will be the month of February. So, we could be comparing March data to February data:
Example 2: If however, you chose a custom date range on the date picker, and manually select March 1st - March 31st, the previous period, in this case, will be the equivalent number of days preceding the period that you have selected. So in this instance, the previous period would not be February 1st - February 28th, but instead, January 29th - February 28th (31 days):
What does "Same period last year" refer to?
The "Same period last year" quite literally means that we will compare the data for the date range you have selected, with data from the same date range but in the previous year.
Example: If I select the date range March 1st - April 30th 2019, and select "Same period last year", the data will be compared to March 1st - April 30th 2018:
Please note that these data comparisons don't apply to the "Total Followers" KPI, or the Follower Growth chart.