Articles in this section
- How can I schedule posts for multiple social profiles at the same time?
- What photo and video formats does Iconosquare accept on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter?
- How can I schedule a repost with the post scheduler?
- What makes the yellow stars appear on the Scheduler?
- Why haven't I received my notification to post?
- How can I remove the pop-up on the Scheduler?
- Can I remove past media from the calendar?
- Why are the colors/quality different between the pictures I published with the Scheduler and my original files?
- What is the Social Media Calendar and how do I use it?
- How can I reschedule or copy a past post?
- How can I see the times when my followers are online the most?
- How do I use time slots in the Scheduler?
- Video - How to Schedule Posts Using Time Slots & First Comment Scheduling
- How can I schedule a Tweet for my Twitter profile?
- How to create and use Saved Captions and Hashtag Lists
- How can I use a placeholder to schedule my post without any media?
- How does the Collaboration feature work?
- How can I add events to the Social Media Calendar?
How can I schedule a Tweet for my Twitter profile?
Find out how to schedule an automatic Twitter post using Iconosquare!
In this article :
How to schedule a Tweet (Text only, Images, or Video/GIF)
- Head to the Scheduler page of your Iconosquare account.
- Click "New post" at the top right of the page.
- Select the type of Tweet you'd like to schedule (Text only, Images, or Video/GIF).
- Upload your media or select from your Media Library.
- Add the text for your Tweet, a location, and select your posting date and time.
- Choose if you want to cross-post to other social profiles (you'll be able to select the profiles by clicking "Next").
- Click "Schedule"!
- Your Tweet should now show on the Scheduler calendar with a green dot, signifying that it's scheduled, and a yellow lightning bolt, signifying that it's ready to be auto-posted!
If you have auto-posting security enabled, you will need to validate your post via the Iconosquare mobile app. Please ensure your mobile app is updated to the latest version and that you are logged in using your Iconosquare account login details.
How to schedule a Tweet using Time Slots
If you'd like to speed up the scheduling process, we'd recommend setting up some recurring time slots, using your best times to post, or your usual preferred posting times.
- Head to the Scheduler and click on the "Time Slots" tab.
- Click to add a time slot, and select whether you'd like it to recur daily or weekly.
- Once you've set up your time slots, go back to the Calendar tab, click to drag and drop media from the Media Library on the right of the page, and drop it into the blue box that appears. That media will then be assigned to the next available time slot.
- Click on the post (it will show an orange dot as it will saved as a draft), and then click "Schedule" to make sure it's scheduled.
Supported image media types: JPG, PNG, GIF, WEBP
Maximum file size: 5 MB
For multi-image posts, you can schedule up to 4 images at a time.
GIF specifications (animated)
Maximum file size: 15 MB
Maximum resolution: 1280 x 1080 (width x height)
Maximum number of frames: 350
Maximum number of pixels: 300 million
Maximum file size: 512 MB
Maximum frame rate: 60 FPS
Dimensions: Between 32 x 32 and 1280 x 1024
Duration: Between 0.5 and 140 seconds
Aspect ratio: Between 1:3 and 3:1
Using links in your Tweet caption
If you include a link in your Tweet caption, you should be able to see a link preview. Please note, if the link preview is blank, this means there is an issue with the metadata on the website that the link relates to, and we're unfortunately unable to provide a preview of the link. Please refer to this Twitter article for information on the meta tags you need to add to your website in order for that link to show a preview.
Can I schedule a Tweet from the Iconosquare mobile app?
It's now possible to schedule Twitter posts via the iOS app! The same functionality will be available on the Android app very soon.