Articles in this section
- Help! My automatic posts aren't being published automatically
- I'm getting an error message while trying to schedule a media for auto-posting, what does this mean?
- I keep getting an automatic publishing error!
- Everything you need to know about validating your automatic posts through the app
- How can I disable the notifications asking me to validate my auto-post?
- Which media can I post directly to Instagram with automatic posting?
- How can I stop automatic posting to Instagram?
- Scheduler Error Codes
- Auto-posting security: everything you need to know about our post validation process
- How can I select a thumbnail for my video post?
- First Comment and Reply to Comment issues for Instagram
- How to create and use Saved Captions and Hashtag Lists
How can I select a thumbnail for my video post?
When scheduling a video auto-post for your Instagram profile or Facebook page, the process of selecting the thumbnail is now much smoother, thanks to our new thumbnail selection tool!
When creating a post, after selecting your video file, click on the "Thumbnail" icon, then use the slider to select the frame you'd like to use as the video thumbnail. Alternatively, you can type in the time you'd like to use for the thumbnail (HH:MM:SS).
Please note, for Instagram, this option is only available when scheduling a video for auto-posting. Please see below the specifications for auto-posting videos to Instagram:
Container: MOV or MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), no edit lists, moov atom at the front of the file.
Audio codec: AAC, 48khz sample rate maximum, 1 or 2 channels (mono or stereo).
Video codec: HEVC or H264, progressive scan, closed GOP, 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.
Frame rate: 23-60 FPS.
Maximum columns (horizontal pixels): 1920
Minimum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 4 / 5
Maximum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 16 / 9
Bitrate: VBR, 5Mbps maximum
Duration: 60 seconds maximum, 3 seconds minimum
File size: 100MB maximum