Articles in this section
- How can I schedule posts for multiple social profiles at the same time?
- What photo and video formats does Iconosquare accept on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter?
- How can I schedule a repost with the post scheduler?
- What makes the yellow stars appear on the Scheduler?
- Why haven't I received my notification to post?
- How can I remove the pop-up on the Scheduler?
- Can I remove past media from the calendar?
- Why are the colors/quality different between the pictures I published with the Scheduler and my original files?
- What is the Social Media Calendar and how do I use it?
- How can I reschedule or copy a past post?
- How can I see the times when my followers are online the most?
- How do I use time slots in the Scheduler?
- Video - How to Schedule Posts Using Time Slots & First Comment Scheduling
- How can I schedule a Tweet for my Twitter profile?
- How to create and use Saved Captions and Hashtag Lists
- How can I use a placeholder to schedule my post without any media?
- How does the Collaboration feature work?
- How can I add events to the Social Media Calendar?
How does the Collaboration feature work?
We're super excited to announce that we've launched a new collaboration feature on Iconosquare! This allows you to send your planned social media posts to external collaborators, outside of your Iconosquare account, enabling them to approve, reject and leave notes on the posts.
This feature is available on the ADVANCED, ENTERPRISE and AGENCY plans.
In this article :
How does it work?
- When you're scheduling a post in your Iconosquare account, scroll down to where it says "Status", and change the status to "Waiting for approval".
- You can also add any notes that you'd like your external collaborators to see, under the "Notes" tab.
- Copy the link from the "Sharing link" tab - this is the link you'll need to share with your external collaborators.
- Then click "Submit for approval".
- The post will then be set to "Waiting for approval", and the external collaborators will be able to use the link you've shared with them to access and leave feedback on the post.
- You'll be notified when they leave feedback. Once the post has been approved, you can then complete the scheduling process.
Information about the sharing link
- The sharing link is exclusive to each social profile, and this link allows your external collaborators to access the Collaboration Area to leave feedback on posts awaiting approval.
- You can access the sharing link from the "Sharing link" tab when scheduling a post, as shown in the above GIF. Or, you can access it under Publishing → Collaboration → Sharing settings. From here, you can access the different sharing links for each social profile under your Iconosquare account.
- The link can be updated if required (for security purposes), or you can continue using the same link. You don't need to provide collaborators with a new link each time you send a post for approval.
- Anyone who you send this link to will be able to access the Collaboration Area for that social profile. They do not require access to an Iconosquare account or subscription. Once they have the link, they can access the Collaboration Area at any time.
- You can secure the link with a password if you wish to do so.
- You'll need to share the link (and password if required) with your external collaborators manually (via email, for example). It's not possible to send the link automatically from Iconosquare.
What will external collaborators see when they open the link and access the Collaboration Area?
- Upon opening the link, the external collaborator will be asked to enter their name (so that you can identify the feedback that has been left).
- If you secured the link with a password, they will need to enter this here.
- They will then be able to view the scheduler calendar for that social profile (with an unlimited date range). They can see scheduled posts, along with posts awaiting approval, posts already approved but not yet scheduled, and posts that have been rejected.
- They will not be able to see any posts that you have saved as "Draft".
How do external collaborators leave feedback on posts?
- Within the Collaboration Area, collaborators can click on the posts waiting for approval, listed on the right-hand side of the page (see screenshot above). Alternatively, they can click directly on the post thumbnails on the calendar.
- They can then change the status of the post to "Approved" or "Rejected", along with leave any notes they'd like you (and other collaborators) to see.
How will I know when a post has been approved or rejected?
As soon as an external collaborator changes the status of a post or leaves a note, you will receive an email notification. You will also receive a notification under the Notifications tab of the Collaboration section on your Iconosquare account.
You can then click on the notification to view the feedback on the post, and make any necessary changes before clicking "Schedule".
Check out the video here for more information on how this feature works!